Salary dependant on experience £17k-£22k
Our client is a successful and growing brand of ladies fashion have an exciting opportunity for an Junior Garment Technologist to provide support to their technology team.
Junior Garment Technologist – The Role:
• Log in all fit samples and PP samples. Checking that all samples have been processed and commented on.
• File all fabric, garment and safety testing.
• Measure samples and have good knowledge of measuring.
• Measure and process gold seal samples for approval.
• Updating business systems on the status of sample after fit and risk assessment meetings
• Setting up initial work books for garments.
• Taking notes/photos in fit and risk assessment meetings.
• Get samples ready for fit meetings, Making sure workbooks and previous comments are present.
• Liaise with overseas manufactures
• Chasing suppliers for samples, strike offs, testing, mock ups, Buying samples/fits.
• General administration duties and support to the senior tech.
Junior Garment Technologist – The Candidate:
• Would consider a Graduate with a relevant technical degree in Fashion with a successful placement year in Garment Technology.
• Exceptional communication, organisation and prioritisation skills
• Attention to detail
• Understanding of fabric testing/wearer trial
• Understanding of size specifications and grading rules
• proficient user of Microsoft