With growth and ongoing success, an opportunity has arisen for an Import Merchandiser to join one of the UK’s leading fashion supplier. Based in Manchester successful full-time candidate will have minimum 1 year’s experience within import merchandising
As an Import Merchandiser, your main duties and responsibilities will include:
• Managing the critical path to ensure agreed delivery dates are maintained
• Liaising with suppliers on a daily basis
• Raising purchase orders
• Liaising with customers, responding promptly to communications and taking appropriate actions to ensure all needs are met
• Liaising with factories overseas and company’s warehouse team
• Managing high street accounts and building strong relationships with retail customers and suppliers
Key skills and experience:
• Competent at using all Microsoft packages, in particular Excel
• Excellent organisational skills and able to work efficiently
• Excellent team player.
• Able to multitask under high pressure/time constraints
• Attention to detail
• Friendly and confident telephone manner
• Good communication skills
• Driven and ambitious
We have an exciting opportunity for a Concessions Assistant Branch Merchandiser to join our client a small ladieswear fast fashion supplier / brand. The roles involves frequently analysing performance and effectively providing accurate information for stock replenishment and trading purposes to ensure stock is directed to concessions the right volume at the right time to optimise profitability.
– Provide crucial support on area of trade to Concessions and Merchandising.
– Key point of contact for concessions, buyers and department store
– To manage and grow the number of concessions within department stores and other relevant stores
– Analyse sales trends and take actions accordingly by issuing replenishment & transfers liaising with our Design team.
– Maintain stock levels in branch by running and analysing weekly reports on stock and sales.
– Communicating Factory and following critical Path to ensure the orders are running on time and no delays occurring
– Analysis return rates, and best sellers.
– Attend/assist in concessions visits and 3rd party meetings & presentations
– Liaise with retail and buying teams to provide area with adequate staff and stock support
– Liaise with concessions partners to improve trade through marketing initiatives, online campaign participation,
Please note as for the beginning we only have concession for 10 stores so job responsibility also include managing some of our existing account but in future as we grow it will be only to handle as Concession manager.
The ideal candidate will be able to
Excellent communication skills
Strong organisational skills
Strong numerical capability, accurate with good attention to detail
Ability to perform under pressure
Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-channel and international environment
Salary £20k-£24k dependant on exp.
large successful supplier
We are currently recruiting for a garment tech / QC Ideal experience will cover mens outerwear + woven products.
The day to day role would be:
– measuring the samples
– generating specs
– attending internal fit sessions
– commenting on the samples and sending the comments out to suppliers
– test reports and care label approval
– liasing with our UK warehouse on styles that have been qc’d
– also some involvement in UK customer / brand accounts
You will lead the technical team. Your role is to ensure production is developed and produced to a high quality in fully compliant sites, ensuring products are fit for purpose and meet all the applicable standards and requirements.
·Manage and motivate the Technical team, UK and China based.
·Assist in the recruitment, training and development of team members.
·Ensure Company policies and relevant HR procedures are followed (attendance management, discipline and grievance)
·Conduct performance reviews of team members identifying areas of improvement, give feedback and recommend any areas for improvements.
·Meet with teams and gather requirements, conduct regular team meetings and track project progress.
·Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers and wider teams.
·Build and maintain relationships with 3rd party testing laboratories and auditing bodies.
·Manage the sealing processes and product development of all products.
·Ensure that the conformance and specification of the products are met and maintained, through the entire technical process.
·Maintain continuity of fit, review product fit and value against the competition.
·Provide direction and technical expertise in development to solve technical problems.
·Keep up to date with product testing requirements, ensuring to implement customer and legal standard changes in a timely manner to ensure all products are compliant and fit for sale.
·Manage the team to ensure that the testing of products is maintained and assessed to ensure all relevant testing is conducted across all product types.
·Manage QA, assess QC results and advise the team on required actions.
·Review quality results periodically and work with sites to continuously improve.
·Continually drive the quality, delivery and performance of the product being produced.
·Maintain and encourage constant communication with the supply base.
·Visit offshore suppliers when required checking the onsite quality processes and manufacturing methods.
·Oversee the engineering of products to produce the most efficient way of manufacturer for cost and quality.
·Support all teams, to assist the factories on all technical queries that require clarification in relation to the product being manufactured.
·Set up new factories ensuring they meet manufacturing, quality and compliance standards.
·Maintain the audits of the supply base and ensure all factories meet the requirements of all customers and licensors.
·Action ethical, technical and security audits in a timely manner to ensure all sites remain fit to supply.
·Engage with the customer and supply base to remediate issues found in audits, seeking solutions to the root cause of issues found across all sites.
·Record and document all audits internally and externally using various web based systems.
·Manage the compliance requirements of licensors ensuring that all relevant documentation is processed, recorded and updated.
This job will involve travel in the UK and China.
You will report to the Finance & Resources Director
Experience in a similar role. Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work to tight deadlines.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent time management and organisational skills.
Knowledge / Understanding of;
·BS7907 Code of Practice for the design & manufacture of children’s clothing.
·Product Compliance: Chemical, physical and safety testing.
·Construction & manufacturing methods.
·Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
·Factory compliance, including ethical & technical audits.
Aim: To develop new and bespoke products to the highest possible quality, ensuring all products are risk assessed and fit for purpose, and achieve price and customer delivery targets
• Working with Sales team, be technical advisor to Designer creating design boards and new products to Sales/Product team briefs, advising on technical aspects of new products to deliver technical brief
• Working with Fabric Technician, understand current fabric database, fabric source routes, MOQ’s and prices, to ensure appropriate fabrics are chosen for each product, working with Designer to fulfil the design & technical brief
• Working with Sourcing Director understand current supplier base, being aware of product range, skills, and MOQ’s in order to select best supply route for each product
• Working with Designer, create initial development product specifications, including sketches, design details, construction details, initial size chart
• Working with Designer, order initial development samples from suppliers, in line with project critical path dates, providing all relevant info to enable best possible sample quality
• Working with Design, identify photography and salesmans sample requirements, ordering samples from suppliers on time in line with company critical path dates
• Working with Designer, request FOB costs for new and bespoke products, and liaise with suppliers and sales team to achieve appropriate product price for end customer
• Check and measure development samples against development specifications, understanding discrepancies and how to correct them, reporting back to suppliers and making corrections as required
• Create full production specifications, including all technical and construction details, and full graded size charts, sending out to suppliers in order to facilitate size set production
• Working with nominated trims supplier, sample, cost and approve all nominated trims in line with project and company timelines, to ensure all nominated trims are sampled and approved for production prior to purchase orders being raised
• Create packaging specifications for all product groups, and bespoke products where required, ensuring all suppliers are clear and fully informed re correct packing and packaging requirements
• Order product size sets from suppliers, checking and measuring all samples, adjusting specifications where appropriate, and sealing styles prior to production
• Request local trims samples from suppliers, with test reports where appropriate, ensuring all local trims are sampled and approved prior to production
• Working within the team, assist in checking and approving shipment samples from suppliers against specifications and sealed samples as appropriate, reporting back to suppliers with results in line with PO shipments dates.
• Travel to overseas suppliers mills and factories.
• Working with Fabric Technician, ensure all fabrics are selected, tested, and initially approved prior to production, checking and approving lab dips with Fabric Tech as required
• Understand company timelines, and timelines for each project, and be able to organise workloads and work to deadlines to compile production specifications, seal samples, approve trims, to enable orders to be placed on time for customer delivery
Key Essential Skills:
• Able to read and understand test reports for garments, fabrics, and trims
• Possess a good working knowledge and understanding of BS7907, BS EN 14682 etc, relating to safety of design and manufacture of children’s clothing, and be able to apply it to designs and production
• Possess a good understanding of HMRC VAT zero rating guidance for children’s clothing
• Able to assess colour of fabric and lab dips visually, and colour match
• Ability to use Illustrator for design work, Outlook, Vision for specifications & task manager, Priority
Working with some of the biggest retailers on the UK High Street, This exciting and forward thinking company are looking for a Garment Technologist! You will hardworking, eager to learn and progress in this small friendly team!
Garment Technologist- The Role
Measure samples and patterns
Products covering, garments, accessories.
Create production specifications
Be involved in sample development to ensure styles are workable at Bulk stage
Build solid working relationships with offshore factories
Provide admin assistance and general support to the Technical Manager
Responsible for sealing samples
Garment Technologist- The Candidate
Looking for a confident self-motivated Garment Technologist with min 2yrs proven experience in a similar role/ supply company
Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
Working knowledge of textiles, garment make and patterns
Experience of childrenswear but not essential.
Proven ability of ensuring production is delivered to customer specification through liaison with factory, customer and colleagues
Ability to work under pressure and to key deadlines on the Critical Path
Looking at candidates from Retail, Mail Order or Supplier background.
The role is in our footwear and accessories team so the ideal candidate would need at least 2 years experience within footwear.
The key accountabilities of the role will be to:
Have responsibility for the product development of the footwear and accessories ranges with the support of an Assistant Buyer
Liaise with suppliers as well as Buying, Merchandising and Quality Control teams
Confidently negotiating with suppliers to achieve and exceed the set margin targets
Prepare aspects of the buying trip e.g. paperwork, samples etc. and the follow up required on return
Take part in regular review meetings to ensure the critical path is followed through
Complete regular competitor visits in order to ensure you stay ahead of what key competitors are doing, whilst also identifying their key strengths and incorporating these within your own range
The Successful Candidate will need:
Ideally 2 years experience in a buying department with experience in footwear
A good eye for detail
Experience of using Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Good time management skills and able to work to deadlines
Excellent interpersonal skills
This large and successful supplier is looking to expand their Childrenswear Design department. Ideally you will have some experience within babywear – childrenswear.
You will be required to complete trend research
Analysis of competitors
Work to briefs given by your manager or the buyers
Prepare and attend customers meetings and present when required
You will get the opportunity to travel overseas.
CAD literacy is a must with excellent commutation and presentation skills.
Ideally we are looking for a min 18 months experience with childrenswear / babywear. You may have had a placement year with a supplier , brand or retailer. This role will be working on the sportswear babywear accounts.