An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Junior Account Manager to join this successful supplier of clothing based in Central Manchester
The Junior Account Manager would be required to work within the team of Import Merchandisers overseeing certain accounts. You will manage and grow your account Missguided and manage the critical path, liaise with customers, place purchase orders, manage the samples process and communicate with factories in China, Bangladesh and India on a regular basis.
Previous experience in a similar import merchandising junior account management role, excellent communication and computer skills are essential.
Ideally 2 or 3 years similar experience is required for this role.
• Work alongside the Head of Customer Service and implement the QA strategy for the business
• Manage daily workflow ensuring deadlines are met and products continue to be of a high quality
• Ensure any new development is carefully risk assessed and in line with customer specific requirements
• Arrange and manage pre-production meetings with the Merchandisers, and customers where appropriate, on all orders
• Issue full product specifications, creating bother internal and customer specific workbooks for orders received and manage the approval process
• Follow up on approval samples ensuring samples are checked for make and fit and submit to the customer for approval comments (usually within one full working day of receipt)
• Maintain effective communication with the customers’ QA team to ensure efficient delivery of approved products
• Liaise daily through Skype, telephone calls and e-mails, with UK and China Merchandisers ensuring the correct QA comments are passed to the supplier/factories
• Ensure specific customer requirements regarding quality procedures are understood and followed
• Ensure the correct testing is carried out in line with customer requirements and in a timely manner
• Liaise with the customers QA team and China Merch ensuring test reports are submitted and signed off in a timely manner
• Arrange any re-tests as necessary and ensure costs are billed to the customer/factory appropriately
• Ensure production samples are obtained and approved within customer guidelines
• Arrange weekly critical path meetings with the Merchandisers to identify delays and potential issues, and help to update any critical paths accordingly
• Agree priorities for inspection with the Merchandisers and China QA team
• Ensure full sealing history and additional comments are supplied to the China QC team prior to any inspections taking place
• Follow up on QC inspections making sure the reports and any comments are fed back to the Merch team and customers as soon as possible.
• Manage customer complaints and rejections relating to quality issues and working with the KAM, Merch and Customer ensure an appropriate result is reached
• Follow up on any charges/discounts agreed with the customer making sure the Accounts team recover the cost from the supplier
• Work closely with the Sales and Merchandise teams to ensure critical paths are followed and timelines of orders are met
• Self-development and continuing personal development
This would be an ideal opportunity for a Merchandiser looking to further their career in merchandising who will have had at least 2 years experience as a merchandiser.
You will assist the Customer Service team in providing the highest level of customer service through taking care of a selection of accounts.
As the merchandiser you will manage the process of smooth delivery of stock to the customer following every process along the way from helping with initial development, managing orders being placed through to delivery of the goods, ensuring we follow the ‘get it right first time’ principal.
The merchandiser will maintain the critical paths (both internal & external) and help to update the Navision system at all times, ensuring the most efficient and profitable process is followed to ensure timely delivery.
You will develop and maintain good working relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues in all departments.
You will accurately update the critical path & Navision to ensure data is available and easily accessible for business planning purposes and customer updates. You will also create and or maintain a customer ways of working manual – to ensure that the correct customer procedures can be followed correctly and accurately.
You will be the first point of contact for customers, suppliers and our China office and will deal with queries swiftly and effectively.
You will be actively included and will need to effectively contribute to meetings with customers including progress meetings and problem solving to ensure potential problems are dealt with promptly and factually.
You will be responsible for keeping the account manager and the customer updated with progress of their orders on a weekly basis, ensuring problems are highlighted and solutions are suggested and ready to be acted upon.
This role will suit an organised individual with an ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines. It is essential that this candidate will have good computer skills.
Looking at candidates from Retail, Mail Order or Supplier background.
The role is in our footwear and accessories team so the ideal candidate would need at least 2 years experience within footwear.
The key accountabilities of the role will be to:
Have responsibility for the product development of the footwear and accessories ranges with the support of an Assistant Buyer
Liaise with suppliers as well as Buying, Merchandising and Quality Control teams
Confidently negotiating with suppliers to achieve and exceed the set margin targets
Prepare aspects of the buying trip e.g. paperwork, samples etc. and the follow up required on return
Take part in regular review meetings to ensure the critical path is followed through
Complete regular competitor visits in order to ensure you stay ahead of what key competitors are doing, whilst also identifying their key strengths and incorporating these within your own range
The Successful Candidate will need:
Ideally 2 years experience in a buying department with experience in footwear
A good eye for detail
Experience of using Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Good time management skills and able to work to deadlines
Excellent interpersonal skills
Do you want to work in the glamourous world of fashion and fast paced digital media? Are you a whizz with social media and an on-point fashion copywriter? Well, our client is a chic, new and exciting online fashion destination for stylish women – and we have an amazing opportunity for someone equally as amazing to join our growing digital team as
Social Media & Content Manager.
This is what you’ll do:
• Live and breathe all our social media channels; Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & Pinterest, to name a few
• Create thumb stopping, headlines & engaging content to increase our social following and inbound traffic
• Channel your inner fashion vibes to write longer, fashion articles for our avidly read blog
• Be the digital voice and ambassador of our brand
• Lead our social media strategy, create a content strategy and manage all planning & reporting
• Ensure all content calendars across social are in line with the brand vision and business commercial goals
• Drive innovation and explore all new social media opportunities
• Work with designers to create attention grabbing emails
• Other cool stuff!
Who we’re looking for:
We need someone who is creative and self-motivated with a heartfelt passion for communicating via social media to vast audiences. You will have:
• Experience in fashion retail
• A strong background in social media, with knowledge of content strategy and influence marketing tactics
• A solid understanding of fashion influencers
• The dynamic ability & talent to write both punchy headlines and shorter phrases to longer articles, press releases & product copy
• The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, through both text, video and images. Everyone loves a meme! But you have to understand the need for variety in social media content
• Analytical skills to draw conclusions from data and sales reports – we know social is super fun, but we still need to make sure we’re engaging with our audience how and when they want to be and looking at the numbers is a key way to check we’re still on track with this
• An enthusiastic and energetic, ‘go the extra mile’ work ethic – do what you love and love what you do
• An excellent attention to detail and quality
• An intuitive grasp of brand and customer
• Strong organisation skills: self-directed and capable of working effectively in a fast paced, exciting environment while juggling multiple projects.
• A good knowledge of SEO
Dependant on experience £18K for a more junior candidate to £25K with the right
experience and proven ability.
An exciting opportunity to join an accessory supplier to high street retailers.
Main duties for this role include:
Researching trends, creating mood boards.
Attending customer meetings and designing to customer briefs.
Create new and innovative design, through to product development.
Prepare design packs for factories, working closely to meet deadlines.
Thorough understanding on your accounts and the market.
Applicants should have a degree in fashion design and at least 1 year’s relevant experience.
Excellent CAD skills, must be proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop.
Customer knowledge of high street brands and awareness of cost.
Able to work in a fast paced environment, working to tight deadlines, with a strong proven ability to succeed under pressure.
Strong presentation & teamwork skills.
Have ability to build on & develop strong working business relationships with existing accounts.
This large and successful supplier is looking to expand their Childrenswear Design department. Ideally you will have some experience within babywear – childrenswear.
You will be required to complete trend research
Analysis of competitors
Work to briefs given by your manager or the buyers
Prepare and attend customers meetings and present when required
You will get the opportunity to travel overseas.
CAD literacy is a must with excellent commutation and presentation skills.
Ideally we are looking for a min 18 months experience with childrenswear / babywear. You may have had a placement year with a supplier , brand or retailer. This role will be working on the sportswear babywear accounts.
Aim: To develop new and bespoke products to the highest possible quality, ensuring all products are risk assessed and fit for purpose, and achieve price and customer delivery targets
Working with Sales team, be technical advisor to Designer creating design boards and new products to Sales/customer/Product team briefs, advising on technical aspects of new products to deliver technical brief
Working with Fabric Technician, understand current fabric database, fabric source routes, MOQ’s and prices, to ensure appropriate fabrics are chosen for each product, working with Designer to fulfil the design & technical brief
Working with Sourcing Director understand current supplier base, being aware of product range, skills, and MOQ’s in order to select best supply route for each product
Working with Designer, create initial development product specifications, including sketches, design details, construction details, initial size chart
Working with Designer, order initial development samples from suppliers, in line with project critical path dates, providing all relevant info to enable best possible sample quality
Working with Design, identify photography and salesmans sample requirements, ordering samples from suppliers on time in line with company critical path dates
Working with Designer, request FOB costs for new and bespoke products, and liaise with suppliers and sales team to achieve appropriate product price for end customer
Check and measure development samples against development specifications, understanding discrepancies and how to correct them, reporting back to suppliers and making corrections as required
Create full production specifications, including all technical and construction details, and full graded size charts, sending out to suppliers in order to facilitate size set production
Working with nominated trims supplier, sample, cost and approve all nominated trims in line with project and company timelines, to ensure all nominated trims are sampled and approved for production prior to purchase orders being raised
Create packaging specifications for all product groups, and bespoke products where required, ensuring all suppliers are clear and fully informed re correct packing and packaging requirements
Order product size sets from suppliers, checking and measuring all samples, adjusting specifications where appropriate, and sealing styles prior to production
Request local trims samples from suppliers, with test reports where appropriate, ensuring all local trims are sampled and approved prior to production
Working within the team, assist in checking and approving shipment samples from suppliers against specifications and sealed samples as appropriate, reporting back to suppliers with results in line with PO shipments dates.
Travel to overseas suppliers mills and factories.
Working with Fabric Technician, ensure all fabrics are selected, tested, and initially approved prior to production, checking and approving lab dips with Fabric Tech as required
Understand company timelines, and timelines for each project, and be able to organise workloads and work to deadlines to compile production specifications, seal samples, approve trims, to enable orders to be placed on time for customer delivery
salary £20k-£25k dependant on exp.
Reporting to: Technical Product Manager
Aim: To provide attractive, appealing product designs appropriate for our product, at an appropriate price, and taking into account company source routes, product minimum order quantities, and customer delivery dates.
Work with Sales/Commercial teams/Schools to create business product/project briefs for Product team, including new styles and/or current products as appropriate
Create design boards to deliver product/project brief
Working with Fabric Technician, understand current fabric database, fabric source routes, MOQ’s and prices, to ensure appropriate fabrics are chosen for each product, to fulfil the brief
Working with Sourcing Director and Product Developer, understand current supplier base, being aware of product range, skills & capabilities, and MOQ’s in order to select best supply route for each product
Working with Garment Technologist create initial development product specifications, including sketches, design details, construction details, initial size chart
Order initial development samples from suppliers, in line with project critical path dates, providing all relevant info to enable best possible sample quality
Working with Marketing & Sales, identify photography and salesmans sample requirements, and working with Garment Technologist, ensure photography & salesmans samples are ordered on time in line with company critical path dates
Request FOB costs for new and bespoke products, working with Garment Technologist, suppliers and sales team to achieve appropriate product price for end customer
Travel to visit UK & overseas customers, & suppliers, mills and factories, to understand customer requirements, conduct market research where appropriate, work with suppliers to understand capabilities and opportunities
As required, check and measure development samples against development specifications, understanding discrepancies and how to correct them, reporting back to suppliers
Understand timelines for each project, and be able to organise workloads and work to deadlines to deliver design boards, samples & prices, to enable orders to be placed on time for customer delivery
Large Successful Supplier – Central Manchester
salary upto £18k
Fantastic role within a dynamic supplier environment! Due to expansion within our clients business we are currently looking for an import merchandiser
You will be looking after set accounts with the supervision from the senior merchandising team;
The product mens / boys outerwear, accessories ( shoes, hats), mens shorts and mens denim
1. Liasing with both our suppliers and customers.
Experience with liasing with the Far East is essential.
2. Raising purchase orders, packaging / label orders (care labels, brand labels, price labelling) and dispatching to our suppliers
3. Maintaining the critical path.
An in depth knowledge of the critical path is essential. The merchandiser will be responsible for chasing in lab dips, print strike offs, bulk fabric and sample submissions ( sealer samples /pre-production samples / production samples / press samples)
4. Liasing with our shipping and deliveries department, ensuring that goods arrive are processed and are delivered on time
An excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and e-mail applications is required.We require an organised individual who is eager to learn and progress within the industry.
Ideally we are looking for merchandisers (with 1 or 2 years experience) who have a good knowledge of the industry and keen to learn.