Choosing an appropriate fabric and design so the garment can be produced within budget.
Working with Pattern Graders to oversee the sizing, fitting and testing of the pre-production garments.
Working closely with their retail customers to ensure that product is developed as requested to customer standards – building relationships with them to ensure a high level of trust and integrity is maintained
liaise with the Far Eastern supply base to progress product from initial sample through to production, setting and maintaining quality standards throughout
work with the internal design team on development samples
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have previous experience working as a Garment Technologist within lingerie and or sportswear
Our client is a major supplier to the high street with Nightwear, lingerie and other ladieswear products. We currently have a requirement for a Sales manager with a proven track record! You must have experience of working within fashion and ladieswear and worked on key accounts UK and overseas.
You will have experience of selling to a range of account types, preferably independents and online retailers, department stores & key retailers
You will be responsible for building relationships with Buyers and attending all sales meetings
Presenting collections in a confident and professional manner
Identifying areas for new product lines to be introduced or existing lines to be developed
Range building with design and internal teams
Providing after sales care, including product training as well as sales analysis and reporting
Attend industry/trade shows to build brand awareness and prospect for future business
Build upon competitor and market intelligence within the business
Become an ambassador for the company and the brands it represents
You must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in branded sales management, ideally within nightwear or fashion/apparel
An ability to develop sales relationships and ensure that your brand is the first one in Buyer’s minds
This role requires someone to have an expert knowledge of the UK fashion industry; an understanding of trends, competitor brands and future trends
Confidence and strong communication skills are essential
A valid driver’s licence
Ability to travel to East Midlands head office, to customers and offshore if required
salary £20-30k dependent on experience
Building strong long-lasting relationships with new & existing customers by providing excellent service levels. Liaising closely with customers to ensure product is to their design & fit spec.
Working closely with Licensors to have a clear understanding of their stringent brand ethics, procedures and to ensure product gets through strict approval guidelines in line with tight critical customer dates.
Working with the design and technology teams to ensure product is fit for purpose and sits within retailer profiles and price points.
Working closely with the merchandise team to ensure all information is clearly communicated.
Maintaining an overview of critical paths and production issues.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT TASKS
Range presentation to customer with design
CAD design sign off with design, advising on cost and factory capability
Highlight missed opportunities to buyers
Push for meetings with buyers to update on licenses and further sales opportunities
Target new customers and expansion into existing ones
Set up costing sheets
Get approx. qtys from customer
Send CADs to factory for costing
Negotiate with factories for best prices
Sign off prices with line manager
Set up and send quote sheet to the customer
Negotiate prices with the buyer
Organise handover meeting with tech, merchandising and logistics
Set up sales figures
Email order info to Logistics to place order, confirming V number, factory, prices etc
Attend fit meetings to get buying comments
Negotiate with customers re late delivery where necessary
Liaise with tech re quality issues
Any other tasks the business deems necessary
Our client is a successful and growing brand of ladies fashion have an exciting opportunity for an Junior Garment Technologist to provide support to their technology team.
Junior Garment Technologist – The Role:
• Log in all fit samples and PP samples. Checking that all samples have been processed and commented on.
• File all fabric, garment and safety testing.
• Measure samples and have good knowledge of measuring.
• Measure and process gold seal samples for approval.
• Updating business systems on the status of sample after fit and risk assessment meetings
• Setting up initial work books for garments.
• Taking notes/photos in fit and risk assessment meetings.
• Get samples ready for fit meetings, Making sure workbooks and previous comments are present.
• Liaise with overseas manufactures
• Chasing suppliers for samples, strike offs, testing, mock ups, Buying samples/fits.
• General administration duties and support to the senior tech.
Junior Garment Technologist – The Candidate:
• Would consider a Graduate with a relevant technical degree in Fashion with a successful placement year in Garment Technology.
• Exceptional communication, organisation and prioritisation skills
• Attention to detail
• Understanding of fabric testing/wearer trial
• Understanding of size specifications and grading rules
• proficient user of Microsoft
Ensure smooth and efficient management of the office and staff by dealing with varied tasks such as IT issues, managing and ordering stationary, meter readings. Ensuring security and tidiness of the building, Health and Safety and generally ensuring staff have all the tools necessary to conduct their day to day work.
Managing staff expenses and petty cash
Maintaining the business contracts for all companies in terms of renewing contracts, liaising with the relevant companies where necessary and making sure we are paying the agreed amounts and helping to negotiate renewals by gaining comparison quotations eg:
Carry out all ad hoc duties in the business as and when needed
Managing online HR system, staff holidays, sickness, dealing with Grievances, Processing new starters and leavers, offer letters, staff contracts, company handbook.
• Supporting the senior accountant in his duties which will range from daily bank reconciliations to the preparation of end of year accounts but also other companies owned by the Directors.
• Chase debtors for the business and carry out the credit control function.
• Manage shipping documents
• Processing bank payments
• Ensuring T’s and C’s are signed
• Monitor customer insurance cover and set credit limits
Managing The IT and support services and identifying critical areas. Setting up new starters on the IT and Telephone Systems. Managing IT projects.
• Manage Diary
• Hotel and Travel arrangements
• Set up Appointments
• Send packages
• Make purchases and payments
• Analysis and Reporting by producing/presenting reports for the Director with regards to forecasting, budgeting, expenses and cost savings. Being able to analyse reports and information providing a considered review.
• Weekly meetings with the Director where all invoices and paperwork pending approval will need to be signed off. Checking invoiced amounts are correct. Dealing and managing invoice disputes
• Identifying and tackling business issues that the director may not be aware of
The candidate must have the following skills:
Must be a confident individual with good communication skills and a people person.
Must be conscientious, hardworking, have a positive and proactive approach to their job and ensure that they can get stuck in with all tasks that are thrown at them. To embrace the company ethos and have a can do approach to their work. To be able to take on responsibility and leadership with integrity.
Manchester Central – Salary £15k-£20k
A high street online fashion supplier is currently recruiting for a Import Merchandiser to join the current team.
Reporting into the Head of Merchandising you will be responsible for placing all new orders across all accounts while closely managing the critical path ensuring key dates are met. You will work alongside the technical team ensuring fabrics, lab dips and samples are approved in a timely manner. With regular contact with suppliers handling prices, delivery and returns while also organising and approving delivery dates.
This role is highly demanding and the ideal candidate must be extremely organised with excellent communication skills and must already be in a similar role.
This is a great opportunity for someone with at least 2 years current import merchandising experience looking to further their carrer within a reputable company.
Large successful Company
Salary £25k plus dependant on experience
Senior Import Merchandiser
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Import Merchandiser to join a forward thinking fast fashion company who produce young ladies and men’s fashion ranges for large high street companies and online retailers. For this role you must have at least 4 years experience as an Import Merchandiser within fashion garments.
You will take responsibility for the critical path to ensure orders are kept on time. Working closely with high street and online customers you will build good rapport with your buyers. On a day-to-day basis you will negotiate cost prices and raise purchase orders with Far East factories and update spreadsheets and databases with the critical order information. tackle any issues that arise.
You will have Import Merchandiser experience working within fashion clothing. You must also have excellent communication skills and confident meeting customers and liaising with factories. This is a very busy department so you must have worked within a similar environment.
£30-£50k dependant on experience!
We can be flexible on this and look at higher for a very experienced denim designer.
Our client is a reputable and successful supplier to the high street in UK and Europe! We currently require a Denim Designer in Central London producing Men’s and Women’s denim product out of our factories in Pakistan.
You will work across Women’s and Men’s Denim product (mainly bottoms) but experience in children’s denim product is also advantageous. Working across several accounts you will design, present and attend meetings.
Have at least 3 year’s experience working as a Denim Designer within a supplier to the high street or retailer.
Have an excellent understanding of denim fabrics, processes and washes.
Create mood boards through trend research, competitive shopping and catwalk inspiration.
Having excellent knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop is advantageous
The successful candidate will be a highly commercial designer. You will be highly organised, a good communicator and able to develop and maintain good relationships with your team and customers. Previous experience in fast fashion is essential.
You will be required to travel to Pakistan approx. 3 to 4 times a year and travel for inspirational trips.
Location – Central London
Competitive Salary – Dependant On Experience.
Our client a large international Supplier / Manufacturer to many global brands and retailers such as Zara, H&M, Gap, Uniqlo, Arcadia Group and many more is looking to set up a Central London office. We are looking for a Head of Design who will be instrumental in the office setup and recruitment of the team. You ultimately will be the Lead Creative Head for the business with preferred specialism in women’s woven’s ideally outerwear! Other woven products will be considered. You will work with the international offices and creative and development teams in Asia and Europe.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who is a leader, commercially smart, highly creative, experienced in trend forecasting, dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic. You will be influential and thrive in a team environment and have the ability to deliver results and work well under pressure.
• Creatively drive womenswear and manage other designers on other product areas.
• Design trend driven ranges! Always one step ahead and thinking of the next big trends.
• Research trends, fits, textiles and new technology.
• Partner with global teams.
• Inspire & mentor the creative team with a sharing approach to ideas and ‘best practice’ solutions
• Travel to global office, trade shows, other off-site meetings and inspiration trips.
• Have a strong knowledge of pricing & fit and attend fitting & costing meetings
• Sketch new seasonal designs and create tech packs
• Degree in Fashion Design
• 2+ years of experience working as a Head of Design for a high street retailer! we would consider 5+ years Senior Design / Management experience looking to step up to this role.
• Software knowledge: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
• Strong knowledge of women’s woven and outerwear product is preferred but will consider multi product experience on Women’s or Menswear.
• Management of multi products.
• Strong product development knowledge.
• Experience of working with overseas factories and fabric suppliers.
• Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and across departments internationally.
• Strong eye for fashion trends.
• Ability to travel internationally, when required
• Able to manage responsibilities & tasks without direction.
• Able to find best solutions to problems and inspire new working methods.
Please submit CV and artwork
Interviews will be held in London 19th/20th June with the client if you are shortlisted.
If you refer a candidate to one of our vacancies and they are successfully offered, accept and start the role!
You and the referred candidate will both receive a lovely gift of 6 bottles of PROSECCO each… Get referring.
You can private message me your referral.