Location North West/Cheshire
Salary c£25k-£30k dependant on experience
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, Junior Buyer to join a fast paced fashion team and help take the denim department to the next level across a multitude of product categories including Dresses, Jeans, Shorts, Skirts & Jackets.
The ideal candidate must have fast fashion ecommerce buying experience and ideally have denim experience.
The role involves
- Trading the Department daily to expand on best-selling styles quickly, product developing direct with the supply base to maximise sales on the area
- Identifying best sellers on the woven and jersey categories weekly, then proposing the shapes that can be bought in denim.
- Working alongside the Design & QA team to deliver new trend denim products in line with the critical path key dates and key marketing dates.
- Improve the category bought in margin by re negotiating with the supply base on Best Selling styles.
- Develop strong relationships with the supply base to deliver the right washes, weights and colours at the right time.
- Attend weekly Fit & buy meetings to ensure products are delivered on time.
- Responsible for managing the department Denim samples and fabrics.
- Responsible for ensuring new denim washes/styles are launched on the deadlines given by the business.
- Support the Buyers Admin to ensure smooth running of the department.
- Regular competitor reviews to ensure pricing and range is in line with the market. Highlighting risks and opportunities
- Manage the Denim development & Denim Range plans to ensure they are up to date for merchandising to work from.
·Travel – Europe and FE as and when required by the business.
Key Experience, Skills & Abilities
A commercial fashion eye is essential.
Experience in trading a Department to maximise sales
The ability to problem solve under pressure in a fun fast paced environment.
Enjoys change, open to new ways of working.
Identifies new ways of working that fit the business as it continues to grow.
Able to take responsibility and make decisions.
Strong communication with all departments and levels is imperative.
Effective time management and the ability to prioritise.
Understands/ has experience with the test and repeat ecommerce buying model.