Manchester Central Location
Salary £18k-£20k DOE
- Managing orders using the critical path from start to finish, liaising with the factory and customer on a daily basis.
- Working with a number of different major high street retailers and online businesses, tailoring your approach to each customer’s way of working.
- Working directly with factories in Pakistan / China / Bangladesh – this requires constant communication via email, phone and regular video conferences.
- Approval of lab dips.
- Reviewing approvals internally before submitting to the customer and chasing for comments, then issuing the approval comments to the factories / requesting any resubmissions.
- Navigating orders using the critical path
- Attend weekly critical path meetings with the relevant account manager, designers and tech, providing a full status update on each line.
- Working closely with the account managers highlighting any issues or problems as they occur.
- Merchandising experience – minimum 1-2 years within a fashion import company.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
- Daily communication with Buyers and Factories via e-mail and telephone is a major part of the job so a good telephone manner is necessary.
- Garment construction and fabric knowledge
- Must be computer literate including Excel and Outlook.
- Proactive approach to work