Location South Manchester
Salary £20k-£25k dependant on experience
The Role: Junior Designer
You will be working to ensure we are first in capturing the emerging trends for our market and translating these into beautiful and desirable products our customers will love and believe in.
We offer a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. With a passion for womenswear and experience in soft separates and dresses! could this be your dream role?
Key Responsibilities: Junior Designer
• Researching trends/catwalk/blogs
• Influence product direction and sharing new ideas.
• Develop inspiration packs and boards.
• Identifying key trends for the season ahead.
• Understands the brand/customer and the handwriting of multiple products.
• Liaise with internal teams to source new trims and fabrications.
• Work to deadlines and time frames set by the line manager by planning and prioritising workload.
• Communicate effectively with the wider team on artwork direction.
• to work with designers to keep them aware of new developments that are relevant to the department.
• Preparation and supporting line manager by putting together research CAD’s, packs, colour palettes, artworks folders and trend information.
Must Haves: Junior Designer
• An understanding and passion for emerging trends.
• Experience working with European and Far East factories/suppliers.
• Ability to strongly interpret trends into designs/product for the customer.
• Appetite for design influences and strong eye.
• Ability to work under own initiative.
•Strong enthusiasm for the brand.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels.
• Ability to work under pressure and with strong personalities.
• Strong CAD skills required for this role.