North West – Manchester
Salary £25-£30k banding – dependant on experience
Garment Technologist roles and responsibilities
- Measuring, assessing and fitting samples prior to fit sessions.
- Managing fit sessions to ensure accuracy of information and product.
- Providing clear instructions to overseas factories with amendment images/drawings.
- Managing test reports and working with factories to improve standards. Approving fabric testing and care labels.
- Working alongside the development team to aid with garment and fabric issues.
- Issues with both online and wholesale orders due to garment fit or quality.
- Checking fabrics and trims on Production Samples to ensure they are within approved quality and appearance.
- Organizing weekly production meetings with Production Manager.
- Having overall responsibility for the development of garments from purchase order through toproduction ensuring they perform to tech pack, approved quality and fit.
The candidate will need:
- Relevant experience in multi-product outerwear and a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent practical technical skills
- A sound understanding of supplier procedures, the critical path process
- The ability to confidently attend and contribute to fit meetings and manage follow up procedures.
- The ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with colleagues and factories.