Location – Hampshire
Full – Time Permanent
Ideally candidate would come from a Garment Technology or Product Development background.
Your New Role
In this role you will manage the design engineering process for a highly specialised product set. You will be providing the highest level of engineering subject matter expertise to drive forward product development and innovation.
What You Can Expect from the Role
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Managing allocated product category/categories, providing the highest level of design subject matter expertise within individual contract terms or service level agreements.
- Planning, coordinating and supervising activities relating to major contracts and overall portfolio of work
- Producing high quality technical design outputs, using a range of industry processes and systems
- Identifying shortcomings in existing product design or use, then suggesting and implementing improvements while developing and delivering product roadmap changes and new product development.
- Managing the knowledge management system with guidance from senior colleagues, including contributing to the development of the system
- Uncovering emerging design, quality, safety and operational issues or needs. Identifying potential causes, barriers and key stakeholders as well as related issues
- Developing procedures and interprets and applying policy and regulatory requirements to own product area, ensuring product set keeps pace with / sets the pace for compliance and best practice. Monitoring impact of product developments, ensuring design remains commercially successful
- Analysing and evaluating the feasibility and relevance of proposed complex products and services, making recommendations for development, replacement or retirement. May be responsible for supervising activities performed by other members of the team in service of overall product development
- Managing a portfolio of change projects while reporting to senior colleagues
- Recommending changes to policies, processes, standards and practices that would improve operational support and better meet customer need
- Identifying and evaluates complex, expertise-led solutions against a range of criteria to find the ones that best meet business and customer need
The Experience, Qualifications and Skills You Will Have
Educated to University degree level within design, textiles or engineering
5+ years experience in a design, product development role, preferably within textiles or product engineering.
Experience of general supervision or management of more junior colleagues
Why You Should Work for Us
- 33 days holidays including public holidays
- Hybrid working policy
- Additional day off to celebrate your birthday
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life Assurance up to 4 X salary
- Pension Scheme
- Training & Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace Reward & Recognition scheme