Location – Soth Manchester
Salary dependant on experience
To manage the daily and seasonal Product Development and Order Management requirements for the bespoke product ranges of the business. To achieve on time delivery of samples and bulk orders to the required standards for the business in the timelines set out and using the control measures in place, ensuring that all products and customer orders are developed and produced to the correct specification in line with the requirements of the business.
- Development of product from initial concept to SMS stage.
- To work with designers to establish base product specifications on Prima for factories to work from.
- To work with Sales on new product requirements.
- To work to the activity planner timeline and set critical paths
- Working with designers and factories effectively during development of all products.
- Work with factories to obtain competitive costings, in line with company margin targets.
- Manage all problem solving arising during the development process.
- Identifying key issues in garment construction, creating and implementing solutions to problems and challenges.
- Ensure styles, colour, silhouette and logos are commercial and within cost targets.
- Ensuring salesmen samples are to spec and delivered on time.
- Sourcing of fabrics and components and ensuring that all pass the relevant testing standards.
- Sourcing of new techniques and branding ideas to be passed on to the designers to ensure innovative ranges for the company to increase product value.
- To Present SMS and ground rules to the sales team at Go Live for each range.
- To communicate in writing on a weekly basis to the Production Director.
- The agenda to include:
- Current PD status of all ranges and orders.
- New development planning.
Production Management Control:
- Co-ordinating through critical path plans and WIP reports for the delivery of product from initial order stage to bulk despatch from factories.
- Tracking of goods within factories to maintain lead times and quality standards.
- Checking the order packs before work commences.
- Update the Head or Sourcing and Development regularly on QC and bulk order status.
- Successfully build and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Working with factories to ensure 100% correct production and on time delivery.
All administration to be of a high standard and to be constantly updated. To be responsible for the accuracy of all development procedures, systems and administration from nominated factories