9 – 12 Month FTC
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a Production Controller to join our Buying team at our Head Office in Manchester.
This role is initially a 9 month contract to cover maternity leave but due to the fast moving nature of the business there could be further opportunities for a permanent role in the future.
Working within a fast-paced and highly efficient team, you will be responsible for monitoring bulk orders and salesman samples, utilising great communication skills and a high level of accuracy to ensure our corporate calendar is adhered to.
- Have a high level of knowledge and understanding of the suppliers capabilities and the production process
- Issue orders to garment suppliers, following consultation with manager with regards to factory allocation, using the merchandising system or excel, ensuring all orders are input on the AS400 system and price information checked
- Update delivery on time records and review monthly figures
- Ensure all relevant orders are passed to the imports department in order for LC being raised
- Manage the critical path, ensuring its updated regularly and coordination of all members of the team to ensure that all dates are met with the target to achieve 90% deliveries on time
- Hold weekly meetings with the rest of the team to discuss the critical path and address any issues
- Put forward relevant suggestions of how to resolve issues when they arise, ensuring that managers are fully informed so decisions can be made
- Barcode checking against orders and scanning on AS400 to ensure all information is correct to avoid any requirement for rectification of stock in UK, barcodes on production samples should also be checked and scanned prior to shipment of order where possible.
- Development and checking of new swing tickets / packaging in conjunction with QC and Marketing as required.
- Create and maintain the factory loading documents, ensuring suppliers are no over capacity
- Create fabric forecasts and sign off with the manager; monitor stock levels throughout the season
- Ensure the Product Bible is maintained and updated by the relevant people throughout the season.
- Communicate any delivery delays and update on the relevant systems
- Monitor and contribute to supplier performance analysis
- Have an awareness of other team members critical paths
Full Job Spec avaialbe