North West / Manchester
Competitive market rate salary
A well-established and profitable Fashion Accessories supplier based in Manchester supplying Accessories & Gifts across Mens, Ladies and Homeware departments. The company is constantly evolving and expanding, and we are looking for a new Sales Account Manager to join the team to achieve further growth.
This role is focused on managing an impressive list of retailers to drive sales turnover and margin. Our ideal candidate has a comprehensive knowledge of UK fashion retail with a product focus, able to oversee the creative direction of design work effectively interpreting customer requirements and delivering annual sales targets.
Building and maintaining relationships, with customers, suppliers and colleagues at all levels is an integral part of this role must be a confident communicator with the ability to present at a senior level.
Applicants should be commercially aware with a strong background in Account Management and direct experience of working with high street retailers preferably within fashion accessories.
The main responsibilities are detailed below, although the post holder would also be expected to perform any other duties which might reasonably be required by the business from time to time.
• Build and maintain ongoing relationships with customersto optimise business growth and customer satisfaction
• Recognise and maximise opportunities within each account
• Create strong team bonds with all contact pointsinternally to deliver targeted results
• Manage effective customer appropriate product development
• Complete regular comparison shops and monitor and report on market and competitor activities
• Attend and present product development and trends at external customer meetings
• Forecast, analyse and report sales on monthly basis
• Self-development and continuing personal development
Confident communicator – written, verbal and presentation
• Passionate about the product, demonstrating creative knowledge and understanding
• Commercial judgement coupled with an ability to offer solutions to Customer problems
• Self-motivated with an ability to spot opportunities and maximise them
• Efficient under pressure with an ability to prioritise• Generate excitement and enthusiasm
• Good listener
• Direct experience of working with High Street retailers /buyers.
• Contract sales /made to order.
• Experience of working to margin/roll-up and seasonal targets.
• Knowledge of working with FE factories
• Understanding of quality & technical process.
• Full clean driving licence
• Competent in Microsoft Office Programmes
• Soft and Hard Accessories product knowledge.
• 3-5 years’ experience.
• Degree level preferably in Fashion or Textiles.