The role involves
- Working alongside the Design & QA team to deliver new trend products/collections in line with the critical path key dates and key marketing dates.
- Trading the Department daily to expand on best-selling styles quickly, highlighting product and category potential growth and risk areas to the Head of Buying
- Product developing directly with the supply base to maximise sales on the area
- Identifying categories and product areas that require additional suppliers or where suppliers are not performing
- Improving the category bought in margin by re negotiating with the supply base. Constantly review and monitor ways to grow the margin, from fabric booking to new category opportunities.
- Building the range using the range plans attributing and ensuring the designers have the correct information to create/design the ranges
- Working closely with the design and merchandising teams on a daily basis to ensure the range is balanced, profitable and commercial, highlighting to head of buying risks to sales
- Developing strong relationships with a new supply base by working with design to place the right product at the right source.
- Attend weekly Fit & buy meetings to ensure products are delivered on time
- Support the Junior members of the buying team to hit deadlines and develop their buying skills
- Weekly analysis to identify missing products from the booked ranges, reporting back to the Head of Buying.
- Regular competitor reviews to ensure pricing and range is in line with the market. Highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Range plan building, attributing and analysis alongside merchandising to ensure the range is balanced, commercial and profitable.
- Identify new departmental ways of working as the business grows to stay streamlined and productive
·Travel – Europe and FE as and when required by the business.
Key Experience, Skills & Abilities
A commercial fashion eye is essential.
Experience in trading a Department to maximise sales, ideally ecommerce experience
Analytic as well as creative. Able to work with excel spreadsheets whilst spotting the latest winner.
Strong communication skills to ensure Head of buying and key management teams are kept up to date and informed.
The ability to problem-solve under pressure in a fun fast paced environment.
Enjoys change, open to new ways of working.
Identifies new ways of working that fit the business as it continues to grow.
Able to take responsibility and make decisions.
Strong communication with all departments and levels is imperative.
Effective time management and the ability to prioritise.
Understands/ has experience with the test and repeat ecommerce buying model.