Based on: London
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Built from a passion for adventure, cycling and the outdoors, our client produces ultralight, rackless packing systems to enable cyclists to travel further, faster and more comfortably. Our dedication to producing high-quality, thoughtfully designed products has made this brand the leading choice in lightweight cycling packs.
Led by a team of passionate cyclists, our client is seeking a highly motivated Soft Goods Developer to support its growth. Working under the direction of the Product Development and Production Manager, and closely with the team, product ambassadors and suppliers, the individual will combine technical innovation, fabric knowledge, creativity and attention to details to create products that continue to set new standards in this exciting field.
The core responsibilities of the position will include:
- Working closely with the design team through the product development process; from idea to finalized commercial product.
- Interacting with factories and overseeing the prototyping and manufacturing process.
- Identifying, researching and sourcing new fabrics and production processes.
- Sourcing, evaluating and negotiating with new manufacturing partners.
- Evaluating designs for opportunities to enhance performance, quality, and cost.
- Processing consumer insights to inform product design and development.
Working with the team to create product and performance descriptions, as well as marketing materials.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Experience managing the development of products from concept to finish.
- A strong understanding of materials and industrial fabrication processes.
- A full understanding of both creative and technical design, as well as of product costing models.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to liaise successfully with factories, suppliers and management.
- Exceptional attention to detail, a creative eye, and the ability to design outside the box.
- Interest, energy and flexibility to work in the fast-paced environment of a growing business and wear multiple hats.
- A degree in outdoor product design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Full literacy in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Excel and PowerPoint.
- Keen interest in cycling is a bonus.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the UK.