Junior Garment Technologist
Salary – upto £22k
Approx 2 years experience
Objectives – Garment Technologist
- Supporting the sales, design and buying teams through all stages of garment product development, from design to manufacture.
- Improving production efficiency and quality of products.
- Ensure that the product is fit for purpose and carry out quality control tests.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities – Garment Technologist
- High level of technical knowledge and strong practical skills
- Thorough understanding of construction, fit, and sealing processes
- The ability to work as part of a team and as an individual
- Problem-solving skills and decision-making ability
- Strong negotiating skills
- Attend fit sessions to agree blocks and fits with customers.
- Liaising with designers, adapting designs to suit production methods
- Liaising with overseas factories and customers on a daily basis
- Critical path management
- Maintain excellent working relationships with both off shore factories and UK customers and colleagues.
- Chasing samples
- Sending concise comments to factories
- Creating & maintaining detailed workbooks for a style once booked
- Fitting garments until they are sealed, passing on accurate information to pattern cutters and factories accordingly
- Creating graded specs
- Learning each of the clients fit procedures and processes
- Risks assessing products in terms of safety, and with an eye on International regulations as well as British Standards.
Skill Requirements: – Garment Technologist
- Excellent organisational & communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Attention to detail
Further Requirements – Garment Technologist
- Positive can do attitude
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Calm under pressure
- Self motivated