Ideal background for candidate would be Product Developer, Garment Technologist, Pattern Experience.
Location Cheshire West – Commutable from Cheshire, Merseyside, South Manchester, North Wales and Shropshire region.
This is not a Pure Design Role.
Salary – Dependant on experience
This role reports to a Principal Product Designer for a specific class of products. It is focused on executing and coordinating product design tasks as part of a wider design team. This may include developing and using specialist garment design skills
Duties and responsibilities
- Analysis of customer requirements
- Development of design concepts using CAD/ CAM (Gerber & AutoCAD)
- Create detailed design drawings using AutoCAD and photography
- Participation in design reviews and customer meetings
- Preparation of design documentation
- Support manufacturing sites through New Product Introduction activities
- Research materials, processes, or market requirements
- Support prototype development working closely with machinists
- Provide customer support as required throughout the development process
- Support testing events, on-site and off-site
- Occasional travel to support business requirements
- Make presentations to present design ideas and concepts.
- Garment/product design
- Anthropometric sizing
- Gerber Pattern Design Software
- Auto CAD software
- Understanding of clothing manufacture
- Understanding of product validation, testing and qualification
- Technical documentation compilation (Report writing, Standard Operating Procedures, Qualification documentation)
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Plans and prioritises work to meet commitments aligned with company goals
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Develops and delivers communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.