Salary dependant on experience c£25k
Our client is a successful and expanding knitwear manufacturer. We are looking for a driven candidate who is keen to learn and expand their knowledge in this sector. Working closely with management who you will be shadowing and learn and eventually to be making important decisions.
Product Developer – Knitwear Ladies Fashion
- Working closely with the Director and other team members.
- You will be a creative individual who will be involved in the design and development function.
- You will have an appetite to learn about the physical knitting processes involved in garment construction.
- Training will be given on the Shima Seiki Apex 3.4 design system.Designing virtual fabrics and samples for customer approvals.
- Training can be provided for programming new and existing ranges using the Shima Seiki Apex 3.4 System.
- You will also be involved in fit sessions, making fit comments and sending comments to factory on site.
- Working closely with factory staff, you will be confidential and able to tackle difficult factory situations.
- Use your understanding of factory capabilities to develop quality products
- Approve all lab dips / strike off and sample approvals
- You will manage critical path, ensuring samples and developments are on time for sign offs
- You will process order sheets and give to the on site factory, as well as process customer booking requests.
- Strong administration and computer skills required for this role.
- Candidate must have an aptitude to pick up programming of knitted garments.
- You will act as an account manager for key fast fashion accounts such as Boohoo and PLT.
- Negotiating prices from customer enquiries and our own developments
- Building on existing and creating new relationship with customers.