Ideal candidate may have approx 2 years experience as a Garment Tech, Product Developer or on Gerber.
Working in a fast moving, high pressure, procedure driven environment, the main focus of a Design Engineer will include the design and development of new products, introducing major changes to existing products and producing technical documentation to support the product through qualification and production. The Design Engineer will be expected to design products in accordance with a customer design brief, which will be subjected to rigorous testing in line with the intended end use, whilst designing a product which is fit for mass production.
|Analysis of customer requirements. |
Development of design concepts.
Detailed pattern design using GERBER.
Participation in design reviews and customer meetings.
Preparation of design documentation.
Create detailed design drawings using AutoCAD and photography.
Support manufacturing sites through New Product Introduction activities.
Support prototype development working closely with machinists.
Participate in Design for Manufacture reviews.
Technical liaison (Internal business meetings, Sales support, Tender support).
Hold technical reviews with suppliers to optimise design for quality and cost.
Provide customer support as required throughout the development process.
Support testing events, on-site and off-site.
Garment / Product Design
Gerber Pattern Design Software
Auto CAD Software
Understanding of Clothing Manufacturing
Understanding of Product Validation, testing and qualification
Technical documentation compilation (report writing, standard operating procedures, qualification documentation)
Manchester City Centre
Salary: £18,054.00-£22,000.00 per year
Your new company
A established and reputable fashion clothing company based in Manchester now have an exciting new job opportunity for an Import Merchandiser to join one of their own brands.
With this brand currently going through a massive growth we now need an Import Merchandiser who can work closely with the Designer and Technical team.
You will work closely with Buyers from know fashion websites as well as our own website.
Covering mens and Ladieswear product.
Raising orders to factories
Managing Critical Path
Attending meetings in London with the customer
Working with the design team on approvals
Checking reports for the Buyer and preparing stock figures
Working closely with overseas factories and liaising via email and telephone.
Preparing technical packs to be sent out to the factories
Checking samples and assisting the QC when required
Fantastic opportunity for someone with 18 months plus experience and a passionate individual who loves fashion.
Location South Manchester
Salary £20k-£25k dependant on experience
The Role: Junior Designer
You will be working to ensure we are first in capturing the emerging trends for our market and translating these into beautiful and desirable products our customers will love and believe in.
We offer a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. With a passion for womenswear and experience in soft separates and dresses! could this be your dream role?
Key Responsibilities: Junior Designer
• Researching trends/catwalk/blogs
• Influence product direction and sharing new ideas.
• Develop inspiration packs and boards.
• Identifying key trends for the season ahead.
• Understands the brand/customer and the handwriting of multiple products.
• Liaise with internal teams to source new trims and fabrications.
• Work to deadlines and time frames set by the line manager by planning and prioritising workload.
• Communicate effectively with the wider team on artwork direction.
• to work with designers to keep them aware of new developments that are relevant to the department.
• Preparation and supporting line manager by putting together research CAD’s, packs, colour palettes, artworks folders and trend information.
Must Haves: Junior Designer
• An understanding and passion for emerging trends.
• Experience working with European and Far East factories/suppliers.
• Ability to strongly interpret trends into designs/product for the customer.
• Appetite for design influences and strong eye.
• Ability to work under own initiative.
•Strong enthusiasm for the brand.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels.
• Ability to work under pressure and with strong personalities.
• Strong CAD skills required for this role.
We are looking for a Mid Level GT who’s looking for that exciting new challenge.
Salary dependant on experience – £22k- £28k approx
Location – Manchester
Managing fit sessions across your own product areas and other product areas to ensure all styles are fitted and sealed in line with critical dates as well as meeting the high standard of technical specifications for the Brand. Understanding of Fit, Sealing, fabrics and testing.
Overseeing and checking measurements to ensure the company’s sizing policy is maintained You will provide technical guidance to the design and will work closely with factories to eliminate any issues and advise with technicalspecifications.
Garment Technologist – The Role:
Garment Technologist – The Candidate: